This scrumptious salted caramel pecan pie is packed with flavor.
Salted Caramel Pecan Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves
- In a large skillet, stir together sugar, ½ cup water, and corn syrup. Bring mixture to a boil, without stirring, over medium-high heat. Continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture turns a deep honey color, about 8 minutes more. Remove from heat, and stir in butter until melted. Gradually stir in cream and salt until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl, and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Press piecrust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Fold crust edges under, and crimp as desired. Whisk eggs into cooled caramel until well combined. Add pecans to prepared crust, and top with caramel mixture.
- Bake until center of pie is set, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Pie can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Let it stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!