Add a sprinkle of sea salt to these Salted Caramel Brownies to balance the intense sweetness.
Salted Caramel Brownies
Write a review
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- 40 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing excess to extend over sides of pan; spray parchment with baking spray.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave on HIGH, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 1½ minutes total.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt with a mixer at high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add flour, next 3 ingredients, and chocolate mixture, beating to combine. Stir in caramels. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with sea salt, and let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, lift brownies out of pan, and cut into squares. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!