Rosemary Parmesan Biscuits
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese and rosemary. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and 1 egg, and stir into flour mixture just until combined.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead 5 times; pat dough into a ½-inch-thick round. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut dough, rerolling scraps once. Place biscuits side by side on prepared pan. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon water and remaining egg; brush biscuits with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes; serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/