This Romaine Holiday Salad is a tasty combination of dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, pears, homemade crotons, and Romaine lettuce.
Romaine Holiday Salad
Makes 8 servings
- ½ (16-ounce) baguette, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 small pears, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) bag dried cranberries
- ¼ cup poppy seed dressing
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- On prepared pan, toss together bread cubes, butter, and pepper until well coated. Arrange bread in an even layer on pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss together romaine and all remaining ingredients until well combined; top with bread cubes. Serve immediately.
Tip: Check your fridge, freezer, and pantry to see what ingredients you have on hand before grocery shopping. If you have an apple already or dried cherries rather than cranberries, go ahead and use them rather than buying more ingredients.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!