This Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole is a yummy blend of potatoes, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and topped with pecans.
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Divide potatoes between prepared pans, spreading to an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Let cool to room temperature. Leave oven on.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes using a potato masher until creamy. Add ½ cup brown sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, next 4 ingredients, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Pour into an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pecans, flour, remaining 1 cup brown sugar, and remaining ¼ cup butter until well combined. Sprinkle pecan mixture onto potato mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until potato mixture is hot and bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!