Roasted Root Vegetables and Grapefruit
Serves: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 red onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 grapefruits, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium bowl, toss together onions, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon grapefruit juice, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spread onions onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In same bowl, toss together carrots, parsnips, garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1 teaspoon grapefruit juice, and remaining ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss together with onions on pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add grapefruit slices to pan, and bake 15 minutes more.