Roasted Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Dressing
Write a review
- 4 pounds red, white, and purple potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ pounds onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) container crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter with remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onions, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 35 minutes or until onions are caramel colored.
- In a large bowl, stir together blue cheese and remaining 3 ingredients. Add potatoes and onions, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/