These tasty Roasted Lemon-Pecan Tomatoes pack a lot of flavor from butter, garlic, chives, and panko crumbs.
Roasted Lemon-Pecan Tomatoes
Makes 6 servings
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Garnish: chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, on prepared pan. In a medium bowl, stir togther melted butter, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Top tomatoes with 1 tablespoon crumb mixture, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden brown and heated through, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!