Crunchy and fresh, this Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans side is a nice break from creamy casseroles.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ pounds small to medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ pound fresh haricot vert (French green beans), ends trimmed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drizzle a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil. Place in oven until hot, about 5 minutes. Carefully spread Brussels sprouts in an even layer on pan.
- Add green beans to pan; bake until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes more. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with pecans, rosemary, parsley, bacon, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper, tossing to combine.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!