Roasted Asparagus and Leek Tarts
Write a review
- 1 leek, trimmed, cleaned, and thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1¹⁄³ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine leek, next 3 ingredients, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in a single layer on prepared pan. Bake until vegetables are tender and begin to caramelize, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, stack both sheets of puff pastry, and roll to a 12-inch square. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds of pastry. Press pastry into bottom and up sides of muffin cups. Divide roasted vegetables among pastry. In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, egg, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Pour cream mixture over vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are set.
- To clean leeks, cut off root end and tough, dark-green portion of leaves. Halve the stalk lengthwise, and rinse under cool running water, separating layers to remove grit and sand. Thinly slice the white and light-green parts crosswise.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/