Makes about 2 quarts
Write a review
- 2 quarts water
- 1½ pounds fresh rhubarb, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 raspberry herbal tea bags*
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Garnish: fresh mint, fresh raspberries
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water and rhubarb to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and add tea bags; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher, discarding solids, and stir in sugar and extract until dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice, and garnish with mint and raspberry, if desired.
- *We used Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger Herbal Tea.
- Two (12-ounce) bags frozen rhubarb can be used in place of fresh.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/