Don’t be surprised if these Red Velvet Crinkles taste even better the day after you make them.
Red Velvet Crinkles
Makes about 36
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and flour. Add oil, eggs, and extract, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place granulated and confectioners' sugars in separate bowls. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar to coat, then roll in confectioners’ sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until surface of cookies is cracked and edges look dry, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!