These red velvet cake balls are quick and easy to make thanks to cake mix.
Red Velvet Cake Balls
Makes about 3 dozen
Write a review
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box red velvet cake mix,* baked according to package directions, cooled, and crumbled
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup miniature chocolate morsels
- Red candy sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat crumbled cake, cream cheese, and butter with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in pecans and chocolate morsels. Shape cake mixture into 1½-inch balls, and place on prepared pan.
- Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Roll balls in sprinkles, and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- *We used Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/