These easy brownies are a twist on traditional red velvet cake.
Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Makes about 24
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1 (1-ounce) bottle liquid red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat 1¾ cups sugar and 4 eggs with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low, and add food coloring, vinegar, vanilla, and butter mixture, beating until combined. Gradually beat in flour until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In another small bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining ¼ cup sugar, and remaining egg with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto batter in pan, and gently swirl together with a knife.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!