Packed with flavor, this easy stir-and-bake Red Pepper Herb Bread is a welcome addition to any meal or makes a savory snack. We can’t get enough of it slathered with the flavored butter!
Red Pepper Herb Bread
Serves: Makes 1 (9×5-inch) loaf
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (0.4-ounce) package buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, melted butter, and egg until smooth. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, parsley, thyme, salt, and all peppers. Whisk flour mixture into milk mixture just until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter and ranch mix until smooth. Serve with warm bread.
Flavored butter can be refrigerated in a small airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Let it come to room temperature before serving.