These delectable Raspberry Swirl Brownies are packed with almonds, chocolate, and fruit spread.
Raspberry Swirl Brownies
Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- For crust: In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For batter: In a medium saucepan, cook butter and chopped chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating until combined. Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, beating until combined. Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter in a small bowl. Pour remaining batter over prepared crust.
- Dollop preserves by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan, and swirl with a knife to combine. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and almonds, and dollop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set. Let cool completely. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and cut into squares.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
For more great recipes like this, subscribe to Cooking with Paula Deen magazine today!