This no-stress Raspberry Red Velvet Trifle is easy to make and serves a crowd.
Raspberry Red Velvet Trifle
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⅓ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 5 cups whole milk
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 (6-ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- Garnish: white chocolate shavings, fresh raspberries, fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add oil mixture, and beat with a mixer at low speed until thickened, smooth, and well combined, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Crumble cake into fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix until smooth and thickened; refrigerate for 30 minutes. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and half of whipped topping with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread one-third of cake crumbs in bottom of a large trifle bowl. Spread one-third of pudding mixture onto cake, and top with one-third of raspberries. Repeat layers twice, and top with cream cheese mixture. Garnish with additional cake pieces, white chocolate, raspberries, and mint, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!