Makes about 8 cups
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound yellow American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound white American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cheeses and and all remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
- Slow-cooker directions: Prepare recipe through step 1, and transfer onion mixture to slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on LOW, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 hours or until melted and smooth.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/