Purple Potato Soup is a delicious, fun recipe to serve at a ladies’ Halloween party.
Purple Potato Soup
Makes 3 quarts
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced leeks, white portion only
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 pounds purple potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- In a large nonreactive stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in potatoes and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
- Using a potato masher, mash mixture to desired consistency. Stir in half-and-half, and cook until heated through. Garnish servings with thyme, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!