This Pumpkin-Swirled Oat Bars recipe makes a big batch, but they’re so tasty you probably won’t have any left over.
Pumpkin-Swirled Oat Bars
Makes about 18
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (9-ounce) jar pumpkin butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, salt, pie spice, and baking soda. Add butter, and beat with a mixer at medium-low speed until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1½ cups oat mixture in a small bowl; press remaining oat mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, cream, and remaining 1 tablespoon flour with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour mixture onto prepared crust, and spoon pumpkin butter by tablespoonfuls onto cream cheese mixture. Using a knife, swirl mixtures together. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture on top.
- Bake until top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before cutting into bars. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!