Pumpkin spice cupcakes are a great dessert for capturing the flavors of fall.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (32-ounce) bag confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: chopped pistachios and miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- To prepare cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk together pumpkin and next 5 ingredients. Make a well in flour mixture, and add pumpkin mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 23 to 26 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- To prepare frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Insert a large star tip into a pastry bag, and fill with frosting. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with pistachios and chocolate morsels, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!