This Pumpkin-Pecan Tart is a delightful treat that will brighten any family occasion.
Makes 1 (10-inch) deep-dish tart
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 5 large eggs, divided
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts, and stack together; roll to a 14-inch circle. Press crusts into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch deep-dish removable-bottom tart pan; trim excess dough. Line crust with parchment paper; place pie weights on parchment.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; remove pie weights and parchment.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, brown sugar, 5 tablespoons melted butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- In same bowl, whisk together corn syrup, vanilla, remaining 3 eggs, remaining ¾ cup granulated sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter until smooth. Stir in pecans. Gently pour mixture over pumpkin layer.
- Bake until center of tart is set, 70 to 80 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!