Get your little Halloween trick-or-treaters in the kitchen with you to help put together these pumpkin-filled chocolate cupcakes.
Pumpkin-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes about 24
Write a review
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊. Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with nonstick baking spray with flour. (Do not use paper liners.)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans, and place, rounded side down, on wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pumpkin and confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth.
- Cut each cupcake in half horizontally. Spread about 2 tablespoons pumpkin mixture evenly over cut side of rounded cupcake halves. Top with cut side of flat cupcake halves.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Microwave on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and cooled. Spoon desired amount of chocolate over flat side of each cupcake. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/