The crunchy top of these Pumpkin Chai Brownies is a delicious contrast to the dense fudgy base. These spiced treats are best eaten the day they’re made.
Pumpkin Chai Brownies
Makes about 2 dozen bars
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium-high speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin purée and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites at high speed with a mixer until foamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue evenly over brownies. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, covering brownies loosely with aluminum foil, if necessary to prevent excess browning. Let cool completely before cutting.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!