Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are delectable appetizers built around the flavors of cream cheese, blue cheese, fresh rosemary, and balsamic vinegar.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Makes 12 appetizer servings
Write a review
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1½ (10-ounce) packages pitted dates (about 55 to 60 dates)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 (4-ounce) packages prosciutto (about 15 slices)
- Garnish: fresh rosemary
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Add blue cheese and 1 teaspoon rosemary, and beat until combined. Spoon mixture into a heavy-duty piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe mixture into dates.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds (mixture will be thick and syrupy). Meanwhile, cut each prosciutto slice into quarters. Wrap each date with 1 quarter-slice.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place dates on prepared pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or just until heated through. Drizzle balsamic reduction over dates. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/