Serve this scrumptious Potluck Pound Cake with a generous scoop of ice cream. It’s the perfect sweet ending to a satisfying meal.
Potluck Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add granulated sugar and vanilla extract; beat at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 75 to 85 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and cream, whisking until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Kitchen Tip: To make ahead, wrap warm unglazed cake tightly in plastic wrap, and then wrap again in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Freeze up to 2 months. To serve, let cake stand at room temperature for 2 hours, and then drizzle with icing.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!