This Pork and Strawberry Salad with Ginger-Sesame Dressing is full of flavor!
Pork and Strawberry Salad with Ginger–Sesame Dressing
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed spring greens
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pork to skillet, and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of pork registers 145°, about 20 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 15 minutes; thinly slice.
- Arrange greens, strawberries, oranges, and pork on a serving platter, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve dressing with salad.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!