Serve these tasty Pork Chops with Red-Eye Gravy alongside hearty greens for a complete meal.
Pork Chops with Red-Eye Gravy
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup strong-brewed coffee
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. In a small bowl, stir together salt, thyme, and pepper; sprinkle all over pork chops. Add chops, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove chops from skillet.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in coffee and red pepper until smooth, and bring to boil. Return pork chops to skillet, and transfer to oven.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!