Plum Cobbler with Cream Cheese Biscuits
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- ¾ cup plus ½ cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 pounds fresh plums, halved, pitted, and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 3½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ¾ cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in plums until well combined, and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining ½ cup sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cream just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Remove plum mixture from oven, and gently stir. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto plum mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes more or until topping is golden brown. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/