Pizza-Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect bite-size morsels for any festive occasion.
Makes 3½ dozen
Write a review
- ½ pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- ¾ cup chopped pepperoni slices, divided
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 4 (8-ounce) packages baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet, cook Italian sausage, ½ cup chopped pepperoni, and onion, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, for 7 minutes or until sausage is brown and crumbly; drain. Add cream cheese and pizza sauce, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps, and place on prepared pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup chopped pepperoni.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/