Replace your usual order on pizza night with this hearty casserole. It has all the same flavors and ingredients of supreme pizza, including the crust.
Pizza Pot Pie
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, chopped
- 2 (5-ounce) packages Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (3-ounce) package pepperoni, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef, bacon, Canadian bacon, mushrooms, pepperoni, onion, and bell pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and crumbly and vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Unroll dough, and place onto beef mixture, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Cut slits in dough to let steam escape.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!