This casserole is perfect for pizza night!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (1-pound) package ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (6-ounce) package Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 (26-ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 4-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and next 4 ingredients over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and crumbly; drain. Add wine, and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until almost all liquid is evaporated. Stir in marinara and red pepper; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Parmesan, ricotta, and sour cream.
- In prepared pan, layer half of pasta, half of sausage mixture, all ricotta mixture, and half of mozzarella. Repeat layers, and arrange pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!