The richness of these White Chocolate Shortbread cookies are perfectly balanced by salty, roasted pistachios.
Pistachio White Chocolate Shortbread
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- 1 (10-ounce) bag white chocolate melting wafers, melted according to package directions
- Garnish: finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and salt with a mixer at medium-low speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg yolk and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Beat in pistachios, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Turn out dough onto a large piece of parchment paper. Using parchment to help, roll dough into a 2-inch-diameter log. Wrap in parchment, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife, trim ends of dough log if desired. Cut log crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Place 1 inch apart on prepared pan.
- Bake until bottom edges of cookies are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dip cooled cookies into melted white chocolate as desired, letting excess drip off. Return cookies to parchment-lined pan, and immediately garnish with pistachios, if desired. Refrigerate until white chocolate is set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.