Makes about 6 cups
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen chopped pineapple
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream, chopped dates
- In the container of a blender, combine pineapple, dates, ice cream, buttermilk, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Process until mixture is smooth. Garnish each shake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chopped dates, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Use whole pitted dates, and chop them. Packaged prechopped dates are too dry to blend properly in the milk shake.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/