These juicy Pimiento Cheese-Topped Burgers are a delicious combination of an American classic and a Southern favorite. Serve these tasty burgers with fries or chips for a complete meal.
Pimiento Cheese-Topped Burgers
Makes 8 burgers
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Pimiento Cheese (recipe follows)
- Toppings: ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, Cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties, in batches if necessary, over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Top each patty with ¼ cup Pimiento Cheese.
- Place desired toppings over bottom halves of toasted hamburger buns. Top with hamburger patties. Cover with bun tops. Serve immediately.
Makes about 3 cups
- 2 (8-ounce) packages extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, pimientos, mustard, and paprika. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until combined. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!