You’ll never go wrong with pimiento cheese, no matter how it’s served.
Pimiento Cheese Hand Pies
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1¾ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained and patted dry
- 2 (14.1-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- If preheating is recommended by your air fryer manual, preheat fryer to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, and hot sauce until smooth. Stir in Cheddar and pimientos.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrusts. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 24 circles from crusts, rerolling scraps as needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water; lightly brush egg wash onto edges of each dough circle. Place 2 teaspoons cheese mixture in center of each circle. Fold dough over filling, pressing out air. Using a fork dipped in flour, crimp edges to seal. Lightly brush pies with egg wash. Make a small slit in top of each pie to release steam. Sprinkle salt onto pies.
- Working in batches, place pies in air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°, and cook until crust is lightly browned, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve warm.