Serve this tasty Phyllo-Wrapped Greek-Stuffed Chicken with your favorite salad or side to complete your meal.
Phyllo-Wrapped Greek-Stuffed Chicken
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ¼-inch thickness (about 3 pounds)
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in all cheese until melted. Stir in bacon and next 4 ingredients; let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining 1 cup butter. On a work surface, layer 4 sheets phyllo, brushing each sheet with melted butter (cover remaining phyllo with a damp towel to prevent drying). Place 1 chicken breast in center of layered phyllo. Spoon about ¼ cup spinach mixture in center of chicken. Fold chicken in half, covering spinach mixture. Fold layered phyllo over chicken to completely enclose, tucking ends of phyllo under chicken. Place seam side down on prepared pan, and brush top with melted butter. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo, melted butter, chicken, and spinach mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is done. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!