This classic Southern pound cake from Paula Deen is a year-round favorite!
Perfect Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a long wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 60 to 80 minutes, tenting cake with foil halfway through baking time to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!