Leave in the seeds of the jalapeños if you like a lot of heat in your chili.
Makes about 4 quarts
Write a review
- 4 pounds ground chuck
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (32-ounce) container beef broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, cook ground chuck and next 4 ingredients over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and crumbly; drain well.
- Add tomato sauce and all remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/