This Peppermint Trifle is a Deen family favorite around the holidays.
Write a review
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 2 (22.5-ounce) packages fudge brownie mix, baked according to package directions, cooled, and crumbled
- 30 miniature candy canes
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: white chocolate curls, candy canes
- In a small saucepan, cook 1 cup cream and white chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 3 cups cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add cooled white chocolate mixture and crushed candy, beating until stiff peaks form again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 3 days.
- In a trifle bowl, layer crumbled brownie, peppermint cream mixture, mini candy canes, and whipped topping as desired. Garnish with chocolate curls and candy canes, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!