This Peppermint Mocha Pound Cake tastes just like the warmth of the holiday season.
Peppermint Mocha Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons peppermint mocha-flavored coffee creamer*, divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup coffee creamer, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons coffee creamer until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake, and sprinkle with crushed peppermints before serving.
- *We used Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/