Cool, creamy chocolate-covered peppermint candies sandwiched between brownie layers give a refreshing burst of flavor to these Peppermint Brownies.
Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 (12-ounce) bags individually wrapped chocolate-covered peppermint patties, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing excess to extend over sides of pan; spray parchment with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs with a mixer at medium-high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Reduce speed to medium; add butter mixture, beating to combine. Add flour, salt, vanilla, and peppermint extract, beating to combine.
- Spread half of batter in prepared pan. Place peppermint patties in a single layer over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter over patties.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, lift brownies out of pan, and cut into squares. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/