Enjoy a classic taste of the South with these toothsome Pecan Pie Bars.
Pecan Pie Bars
Makes about 15
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup cane syrup
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- For crust: In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour and salt until combined. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan, and prick all over with a fork. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- For filling: In a large bowl, whisk together syrups, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, and eggs until smooth; stir in pecans. Pour onto hot crust.
- Bake until center is set, about 30 minutes, loosely covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!