Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 2 (6-ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend,* seasoning packets discarded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until softened.
- Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; add pecans and next 5 ingredients, fluffing with a fork to combine.
- *We used Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice Blend.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/