Crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, Pecan-Crusted Salmon will be a recipe the whole family loves. Simple but delicious Roasted Mixed Beets adds some color and flavor to the meal.
Serves: Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Canola oil, for frying
- In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and cream. In a third shallow dish, stir together pecans, bread crumbs, parsley, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Dredge salmon in flour mixture, gently shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Dredge in pecan mixture, gently pressing to adhere.
- In a large skillet, pour oil to a depth of ½ inch, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 300°. Carefully add salmon; cook, turning once, until golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°, about 6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Roasted Mixed Beets
- 6 golden beets, peeled and quartered
- 6 red beets, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- On prepared pan, toss together all ingredients until well combined; spread in an even layer.
- Bake until tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
If desired, roast beets on separate baking sheets to prevent the colors from bleeding onto each other.