Topped with a decadent Vanilla Caramel sauce, these scrumptious pecan-filled blondies make a delicious dessert you won’t soon forget.
Pecan Blondies with Vanilla Caramel
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Vanilla Caramel (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and salt until smooth; stir in flour and walnuts until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into 3-inch squares. Serve with ice cream and Vanilla Caramel.
Serves: 1⅔ cups
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring brown sugar, cream, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to a low boil; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.