Enjoy these Pear-Apple Cornmeal Muffins with Cornmeal Streusel on the go for breakfast with a cup of your favorite coffee.
Pear-Apple Cornmeal Muffins with Cornmeal Streusel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium Bosc pear, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 medium Gala apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- Cornmeal Streusel (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 12- cup muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together our, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into our mixture just until combined. Stir in pear and apple (batter will be thick). Spoon batter in prepared cups, lling three-fourths full. Sprinkle Cornmeal Streusel onto batter.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Makes about ⅔ cup
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoothly packed light brown sugar
- 4½ teaspoons plain cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces, softened
- In a medium bowl, whisk together our, sugars, and cornmeal. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly.