Milk chocolate, crunchy peanut butter, vanilla, graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, honey-roasted peanuts, and toffee bits make these Peanut Rocky Road Bars a special treat.
Peanut Rocky Road Bars
Makes about 16 bars
Write a review
- 1 (5-ounce) bar milk chocolate, chopped
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups honey-roasted peanuts, divided
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ (16-ounce) package chocolate-flavored candy coating, melted
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy-duty plastic wrap, allowing plastic to hang over sides of pan. In a microwave-safe small bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 1 minute total). Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Combine ⅓ cup chocolate mixture with graham cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of prepared pan. In a large bowl, combine marshmallows, ¾ cup peanuts, toffee bits, and remaining chocolate mixture, being sure to coat marshmallows completely. Pour mixture into pan, pressing down gently. Top evenly with remaining ¾ cup peanuts, pressing down gently with hands. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove candy from pan using plastic wrap as handles. Invert onto a cutting board. Spread melted candy coating evenly over candy. Allow coating to set at room temperature. Once coating has set, invert candy. Using a serrated knife, cut into 4x1-inch bars.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!