These Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies have a delicious ribbon of creamy peanut butter in a deep, dark chocolate batter.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing excess to extend over sides of pan; spray parchment with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, 3 eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter extract until smooth. In a medium bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, 1¼ cups flour, and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, whisking to combine. Reserve 1 cup batter; spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Add peanut butter, beating until combined. Add confectioners’ sugar and remaining ½ cup flour, beating until smooth. Add cream and remaining egg, beating until combined. Spread peanut butter mixture over batter in pan. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by tablespoonfuls over peanut butter mixture. Using a knife, swirl batters together.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, lift brownies out of pan, and cut into squares. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!