Classic Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make and simply delicious.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, beating just until combined. Gradually add milk, beating to combine.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, and roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Place granulated sugar in a small bowl. Dip bottom of a glass in sugar, and slightly flatten cookies. Using a fork, gently press a crosshatch pattern into cookies.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!